WHAT IS WRIST AND HAND PAIN?
Wrist and hand pain is less common complaints. The body will try to compensate using the elbow, shoulder, neck and upper back to keep the wrist and hand pain free and functional. When the wrist and hand have become painful it means that the body has lost the ability to compensate and needs help. This means that the muscles and joints in your back are stiff and tight and need massage and mobilising. The upper back is designed to move frequently but due to modern day life the requirement for the back to move is minimal, therefore there is more pressure on the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand to do their job.
- reduces muscle spasm so encourages balance in joints.
- relieves pain
- with less pain, joints can be used more
- increases movement ensuring that synovial fluid is secreted, which is essential for a healthy joint as the articular cartilage does not have a blood supply.
- keeps joints mobile which helps to prevent arthritis.
- increases blood flow to the structures of the joint
- increases drainage.
- also helps via the special sensory receptors around the joint telling the brain where the joint is, in terms of space and the movement it is capable of producing.
THERAPY OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR THIS CONDITION AT BROOKS-CARTER CLINIC
- Orthopaedic Massage and Manipulation
- Advanced Remedial Massage
- Remedial & Sports Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Event Massage
- On-Site Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Thai Foot Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Pre/Peri-natal Massage
- Dry Needling
- Chinese Cupping
- Hopi Ear Candling
- Meta Kinetics